Birth and Family
Wangdor Rimpoche was born in Tibet.
- Chonchok Sumon Khenpo, of Trungpa Rimpoche's line
- Dudjom Rinpoche
- Khunu Lama Tenzin Gyaltsen
- Nambla Janchub Dorje
- Rigzing Lhachok Dorje, the 8th Choktrul Zigar Rinpoche (1938-1959)
- Pumdong Key Rimpoche
- Thuksey Rinpoche
Wangdor Rinpoche is a meditation master from the same generation as Chagdud Tulku Rinpoche’s and in the 1960s, both rinpoches were living in Tso Pema.
He has spent more than 30 years meditating in the caves above Tso Pema (Lotus Lake), in the Himachal Pradesh region of Northern India, caves which were first used by Guru Rinpoche. In solitary retreat during the early years, Wangdor Rimpoche was eventually joined over time by more than 50 cave-dwelling yogis and yoginis.
Beginning in the 1970’s, he constructed Tso Pema Orgyen Heruka Nyingmapa Gompa, a monastery near the lake, as well as a retreat center on the mountain, available to practitioners of all lineages and nationalities, projects which have taken nearly 20 years to complete. In 1977, Chagdud Khadro first met Wangdor Rinpoche, who became a first teacher.
Over the past two decades, Lama Wangdor has taught and given empowerments in Asia, Europe and the United States. More recently, Wangdor Rimpoche has built a monumental statue of Guru Rinpoche above the lake.
- Text based on information extracted from http://www.customjuju.com
- Wangdor Rinpoche advised Chagdud Khadro to accumulate Vajrasattva mantra as well as nyungne fasts.