Rigdzin Düpa 持明總集
The Mandala of Rigdzin Düpa
At the centre of the mandala is Guru Rinpoche in union with Mandarava. Above his head is Garab Dorje and Samantabhadra. He is surrounded by the eight vidyadharas who are in essence the eight deities of Kagyé:
- East - Humkara - Yangdak Heruka
- South - Manjushrimitra - Yamantaka
- West - Nagarjuna - Hayagriva
- North - Prabhahasti - Vajrakilaya
- South-east - Dhanasamskrita - Mamo Bötong
- South-west - Vimalamitra - Düdtsi Yönten
- North-west- Rombhuguhya - Jikten Chötö
- North-east - Shantigarbha - Möpa Drakngak
- The Assemblage of Vidyadharas of Long-Chen Nying-Thig translated by Tulku Thondup, Gangtok, 1980, revised 1991
Commentaries on Rigdzin Düpa
- rig 'dzin bsnyen yig dngos grub kyi za ma tog by Jikmé Lingpa
- rig ‘dzin ‘dus pa’i zin bris rig ‘dzin zhal lung bde chen dpal ster by Dodrup Khenpo Chechok Döndrup Tsal (aka Khenpo Chöchok)
- nang bsgrubs rig ‘dzin ‘dus pa’i phyag len mthong gsal me long by Patrul Rinpoche
- nang sgrub rig ‘dzin ‘dus pa’i ’bru ’grel by Khangsar Tenpé Wangchuk (aka Tulku Tenpo)
- klong snying rig 'dzin thugs sgrub dang 'brel ba'i dkyil 'khor sgrub mchod kyi khog dbub dngos grub gter mdzod by Dodrupchen Rinpoche.
- Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche, Rigdzin Düpa Manual, Rigpa, 1999
- Khenpo Chechok, The Oral Agama on the Vidyadharas which Gloriously bestows Great Bliss, translated by John Newnham, 1990
- Khenpo Chechok, The Words of the Vidyadhara which Bestow the Majesty of Great Bliss, Rigpa Translations, 2007
- Patrul Rinpoche, A Mirror Reflecting Clearly the Chöpön Activities for Rigdzin Düpa, Rigpa Translations, 2007
- Rigdzin Jikmé Lingpa, The Casket of Siddhis, A Recitation Manual for Rigdzin Düpa, the Gathering of Vidyadharas, Rigpa Translations, 2006
The Empowerments of Rigdzin Düpa Given to the Rigpa Sangha
The empowerment has been given to the Rigpa sangha on many occasions, including:
- Kyabjé Dodrupchen Rinpoche, London, November 1975
- Kyabjé Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Paris, 24th April 1980
- Dzogchen Rinpoche, Santa Cruz CA, December 1985
- Kyabjé Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Rigpa London, 20th May 1987
- Kyabjé Dodrupchen Rinpoche, Brunissard, France, 22nd August 1989
- Kyabjé Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Prapoutel, 18th August 1990
- Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche, Berlin, November 1991
- Kyabjé Dodrupchen Rinpoche, Dzogchen Beara, 1991, including Tsédrup and Tséguk practices
- Tulku Kalsang Rinpoche, Munich, 30th January 1994
- Khenpo Petse Rinpoche, Munich, June 1997 (?)
- Dzogchen Rinpoche, Kirchheim, December 1998
- Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, 10th August 1998
- Kyabjé Trulshik Rinpoche, San Francisco, September 1999
- Kyabjé Trulshik Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, Saturday 13th November 1999
- Dzogchen Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, 2001
- Kyabjé Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche, Rigpa London, 30th October 2002
- Kyabjé Trulshik Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, Monday 23rd June 2003
- Kyabjé Trulshik Rinpoche, Kirchheim, Monday 29th December 2003
- Kyabjé Trulshik Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, Saturday 10th December 2005
- Shechen Rabjam Rinpoche, Boudhanath, Nepal, 24 March 2012, using Jamgön Kongtrul's arrangement of the empowerment for the Longchen Nyingtik inner lama practice of Rigdzin Düpa
Teachings Given to the Rigpa Sangha
- Sogyal Rinpoche, Tenby retreat, UK, 18-22 April 1987.
- Khenpo Könchok Mönlam Rinpoche, San Francisco, 6-7 July 1998.
- Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, France, 8-16 August 1998.
- Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche, Rigpa London, UK, 5-9 September 2001.
- Sogyal Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, France, 18-23 July 2005, during the Rigdzin Düpa Drupchö—based on Jikmé Lingpa's commentary, The Casket of Siddhis.
- Lama Chökyi Nyima, Clear Lake, USA, 3-5 December 2006.
- Sogyal Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, France, September 2007.
- Sogyal Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, France, 21 October 2009.
- Tulku Thondup, Hidden Teachings of Tibet (Boston: Wisdom, reprint edition 1997), 'Appendix 2: Description of Empowerment of Rig dzin Dü pa'.