Prayer to the Previous Incarnations of Jamyang Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö
A Prayer to the Previous Incarnations of Jamyang Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö
Om Svasti! Wisdom embodiment of all the buddhas and their bodhisattva heirs,
Sovereign ruler present throughout the whole of space and time,
Spontaneously arisen primal buddha, transcendent conqueror,
Lord and protector Manjughosha, to you I pray!
Great omniscient one in this troubled age, Jikmé Lingpa,
Lord of siddhas, Yeshe Dorje, no different from
Jamyang Khyentse Wangpo, receiver of the seven special transmissions,
And Jamyang Lodrö Gyatso, to you I pray!
In this life and in future, until I attain enlightenment,
May I never be separated from you, my precious master,
May I always experience the nectar of your instructions, your secret speech,
And may my own and others’ welfare be accomplished spontaneously!
This was written by Chökyi Lodrö in order to fulfil the request of his devoted disciples.
- Tsangpa Lhayi Metok is the secret name which King Trisong Deutsen received from Guru Padmasambhava during an empowerment at Samye Chimphu.
- According to Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, Smritijnana, who travelled to Tibet and China, was praised by the pandita Danashila as unrivalled in the whole of India for his learning and accomplishment.
- Drikung Kyobpa Rinchen Pal, who was praised as an emanation of Nagarjuna.
- Lama Dampa Sonam Gyaltsen (1312-1375), the fifteenth patriarch of Sakya.
- 'jam dbyangs kun dga' bsod nams grags pa rgyal mtshan (1485-1533), aka Sakya Lotsawa Jampé Dorje.
- Jamyang Khyentse Chökyi Lodrö himself.