Eight thoughts of a great being 聖者八想
The eight thoughts of a great being are the following thoughts:
- "When will I be able to eliminate the suffering of all beings!"
- "When will I be able to establish all impoverished beings in great wealth!"
- "When will I be able to benefit beings with my body of flesh and blood!"
- "When will I be able to bring benefit to beings, even if I must remain in the hells for a long time!"
- "Throughout all my lives, may I never possess a rebirth, three doors, wealth, power, and so forth that fails to benefit sentient beings, may I never delight one-sidedly in the taste of the ultimate, and may I never cause harm to sentient beings!"
- "May the results of evil deeds of all beings ripen upon myself, may the results of my own virtues ripen upon them, and may they be happy!"
- "With great mundane and supramundane wealth, when will I be able to accomplish, according to their wishes, the hopes of all sentient beings!"
- "Having become a buddha, when will I be able to deliver all sentient beings from suffering!"