Dokhampa Shedrub Nyima 多康巴‧熙竺年瑪（第九世康祖法王）
Gyalwa Dokhampa Shedrub Nyima, the Ninth Khamtrul Rinpoche (b. 1982) was born in Assam, India, and continues the illustrious tradition of his enlightened predecessors—the Khamtrul Rinpoches of the Drukpa Kagyü tradition of Tibetan Buddhism. Recognized by His Holiness the 16th Karmapa and Kyabgön Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, he is the supreme head of Khampagar Monastery in Kham, overseeing more than 200 monasteries and nunneries in Eastern Tibet as well as its present seat in Tashi Jong, India, where the tradition of tokdens, or realized yogis, is continued to this day.
He received intensive training and the complete transmission of the Drukpa Kagyü lineage from his main teachers H.E. Dorzong Rinpoche and Kyabgön Adeu Rinpoche, and many teachings and empowerments from Kyabgön Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche and Kyabgön Taklung Tsetrul Rinpoche.
Another tulku of the 8th Khamtrul Rinpoche, named Khamtrul Rinpoche Jigme Pema Nyinjadh (b.1981), was recognized by His Holiness the Dalai Lama, His Holiness the Gyalwang Drukpa and the First Thuksé Rinpoche. He currently resides in Bhutan.
Visits to Rigpa Centres
- London, UK, 11-12 April 2015, teachings on meditation and the nature of mind based on a text composed by the 3rd Khamtrul Ngawang Kunga Tenzin: The Refined Gold of Mahamudra.
- Rigpa centre, Levallois, France, 14 April 2015, teaching on buddha nature.
- Lerab Ling, France:
- Dharma Mati, Berlin, Germany, 22-24 May 2015: 'Meditation und Heilung'
- 24 May: empowerment of Buddha of Medicine
- Online references are contradictory (either 1980 or 1982).