ལྷག་མཐོང་, lhaktong; Wyl. lhag mthong) — 'clear seeing' or 'insight' meditation.
- Vi is short for vishesa, which means ‘special’, ‘superior’, or ‘particular’.
- Pashyana , means ‘to see’ or ‘to look’.
- Lhak is ‘unique’ and
- tong is ‘seeing’.
So, it means ‘to look at things in a very direct and especially clear way’.
Prerequisites for Vipashyana
- Reliance upon a spiritual teacher
- Genuinely engaging in extensive study
- Appropriate reflection
- intense insight (Dharma Publishing)
Teachings Given to the Rigpa Sangha
- Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche, Rigpa Paris, 3-4 April 2004
- Mingyur Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, 1-3 August 2002
- Dzigar Kongtrul Rinpoche, Rigpa Amsterdam, 23-25 May 1997