Treasure vase 寶藏瓶
Treasure Vase aka Yangbum is an ancient remedy which can restore vitality and balance to the essence of the elements – earth, air, fire, water and space — that have been depleted by the pollutants and poisons in the environment. It has the power to magnetize wealth and abundance, improve health, remove obstacles to long life, pacify anger and warfare, and increase wisdom and compassion for all. Treasure Vase consecration are often completed in conjunction with a Lama Orgyen Khandro Norlha empowerment and practice. Traditionally, a Treasure Vase is kept in one’s home or buried at a chosen site.
It is said that one winter, long time ago, Guru Rinpoche traveled to a land in Tibet where people were suffering from poverty. Their king requested Guru Rinpoche to do a Dzambhala Puja to free them from sufferings. Guru Rinpoche miraculously manifested himself as Orgyen Khandro Norlha and he become Lama Norlha, the Lama of All Dzambhalas. Through his blessing, the land started to become wealthy and people never heard the name of poverty again. That's why this Lama Norlha puja is usually requested by kings to eliminate obstacles of the land, attract and gather people, wealth and food and bring good luck.
Guru Rinpoche gave specific instructions for the creation of treasure vases to assist with the healing of the environment and the restoration of vital energy for the many beings and realms during these degenerate times.
Before Guru Rinpoche left Tibet, he hid Lama Norlha's practice texts in different places and asked the Dakinis and Protectors to safeguard them until Tertöns recovered them and passed them to their disciples.
- There is so much suffering due to the current imbalance between inner and outer elements, and I think many people do not understand the connection between inner and outer. The inner elements in our body (flesh, blood, heat, breath and wind) are really the same as the outer elements. Flesh=earth, blood-water, heat=fire, breath=air, and mind=space/sky. Also, all the elements exist in three cyclic existence. Above the earth = deva (gods), under the earth= naga, on the earth=human.
- These three realms have exactly the same inner and outer elements manifesting. When any of these realms have happiness or suffering, it affects the other two. And especially the human realm! Without a true belief in interconnection, there is no respect. With our narrow minds we each make pollution in different ways, both physical and mental, that damages outer an inner elements in all realms. Earthquakes, tornadoes, tsunamis, and fires are from the ame imbalances that also cause poverty in the human realm. It works both ways too. For example, when the naga water element is healed, then rain and wealth come to the human realm.
- What causes wealth is positive virtue — physical, mental, verbal. Wealth is due to causes and conditions that are based on merit. Lack of generosity decreases merit and causes poverty. Generosity increases merit and causes wealth. With a Lama Oryen Khandro Norlha empowerment and consecration we are creating positive karma for all of (those) connected with these treasure vases. (…)
- Treasure vases balance and heal the outer environment. In degenerate times, beings suffer from three durukas: sickness and disease, poverty and starvation, weapons and war. Guru Rinpoche gave us these profound instructions and details on healing each realm, particularly human and naga. Each realm has a different life essence and the treasure vases contains each substance — crystal for the deva realm, turquoise for the human realm, conch for the naga realm. Each vase contains yantras, mantras and inconceivable hidden treasure substances from realized beings, from Guru Rinpoche and other ancient lamas up to the present time with Thinley Norbu Rinpoche. Each vase contains mother essence medicine balls made with herbs and other blessed substances from Dudjom Rinpoche and other realized lamas. Also, these vases are extra special as the mother essence contains water from the very stream that Thinley Norbu Rinpoche opened with his own hand in Buthan! There, people travel many miles to drink from and bathe in this stream and they are healed! Every place you put one of these vases, whether to bury in the land or place in the water, a lake or ocean, it will heal the outer elements. If you place one on your shrine or in any clean, beautiful spot, it will also balance the elements, especially those that affect inner and outer wealth. A treasure vase is truly a holy object.
- Presentation of a Lama Orgyen Khandro Norlha wealth empowerment, treasure vase consecration and teachings by Lama Tharchin Rinpoche in Orgyen Dorje Den, Alameda, USA.