Rigdzin Dungdrup (Wyl. rig 'dzin gdung sgrub) — a practice of Guru Rinpoche from the Northern Treasures tradition revealed by Rigdzin Gödem. The terma was taken from the central of the five compartments of the blue treasure chest taken from Zangzang Lhadrak.
Empowerments Given to the Rigpa Sangha
Samaya Commitment for Rigdzin Dungdrup Empowerment, Lerab Ling, 28 August 2008
Having received this empowerment from an authentic vajra master, it is important to always respect and serve such a master in any of the three appropriate ways.
- The best way is to show one’s appreciation for and uphold ones’s samaya with such a master is through Dharma practice.
- The middling way is to offer personal service through one’s body and speech.
- At the very least one should support the master on a material level through material offerings or in any way that helps the activities of the master to flourish.
In addition, having received this empowerment the root text states that:
- One should always have a sense within one's mind of being connected to the form of Guru Rinpoche and to always maintain this connection.
- To participate in tsok practice every Guru Rinpoche day on the 10th day of each lunar month.
- To make offerings on an ongoing basis.
- To always meditate in such a way that one’s own mind and the mind of the master are blended as one.
Furthermore, it is important to apply all the principles of practice to uphold one’s samaya so that in all circumstances, even facing sickness, suffering and all kinds of difficulties in one’s life, one is able to carry all circumstances onto the path, dealing effectively with them so that they do not become obstacles and one is able to continue to pursue one’s spiritual practice.
General Samaya Commitments of Vajrayana
- To uphold the samaya of body meditate upon the form of the deity.
- To uphold the samaya of speech recite the mantra.
- To uphold the samaya of mind cultivate love, compassion and bodhichitta and meditate on the nature of mind.
- byang gter rig 'dzin gdung sgrub dbang bskur 'bring po rig 'dzin rtsa ba'i dbang dang byin rlabs gtor ma'i dbang gi lag len ye shes rang shar, with the sadhana byang gter nang sgrub bla ma'i rig 'dzin gdung sgrub phrin las chog khrigs su bsgrigs pa