Ngor Ewam Chöden Monastery (ངོར་ཨེ་ཝཾ་ཆོས་ལྡན་, Wyl. ngor e waM chos ldan) — an important Sakya monastery, and seat of the Ngor subschool, established by Ngorchen Kunga Zangpo around 1430. Before being completely demolished during the Chinese invasion, it was a very active monastery, counting about 1,000 monks in the 1950s. It has only been partly reconstructed.
Ngor Monastery is divided into four monastic houses (Tib. བླ་བྲང་, labrang; Wyl. bla brang):
- Luding (ཀླུ་སྡིངས་, klu sdings),
- Khangsar (ཁང་གསར་, khang gsar),
- Thartse (ཐར་རྩེ་, thar rtse) and
- Phende (ཕན་བདེ, phan bde)
Ngor Monastery in Exile
- Ngor Monastery was reestablished in Manduwala, India
- Ronald Davidson, 'The Ngor-pa Tradition' in Wind Horse, vol. 1, 1981, pp.79-98
- David Jackson, 'Sources on the Chronology and Succession of the Abbots of Ngor E-waṃ-chos-ldan', Berliner Indologische Studien. Band 4/5: 49-93, 1989.
- David P. Jackson, 'The 'Bhutan Abbot' of Ngor: Stubborn Idealist with a Grudge against Shugs-ldan' in Lungta 14, 2001