Three types of investigation 三種伺察
(重新導向自 Three types of investigation)跳至導覽 跳至搜尋
- the demonstration of what is evident (mngon gyur, 現前分) is not invalidated by 現量 direct perception (mngon sum),
- the demonstration of what is hidden (lkog gyur, 不現前分或隱蔽分) is not invalidated by 比量 inference (rjes dpag),
- the demonstration of what is extremely hidden (shin tu lkog gyur, 最極隱蔽分) is not contradicted (internally) by previous or later statements.
- Translation from: Douglas S. Duckworth, Mipam on Buddha-Nature, The Ground of the Nyingma Tradition, p.221n55
- The third point is sometimes abbreviated as the criteria of 聖言scriptural authority. See Mipham Rinpoche: The Adornment of the Middle Way, p.393, n115.
- Mipham Rinpoche: The Adornment of the Middle Way, p.375: "But here we have the perfect teachings of the Tathagata, excellent in their beginning, middle, and end. These are like gold that is smelted, cut, and polished; they can withstand threefold examination and are not faulted by perception, inference, or verbal inconsistency."