Garchen Rinpoche 噶千仁波切
His Eminence Garchen Rinpoche (Wyl. mgar chen rin po che), aka Könchok Gyaltsen (Wyl. dkon mchog rgyal mtshan), the Eighth Garchen Rinpoche (b. 1936), is a Drikung Kagyü lama who was known in the thirteenth century as the siddha Gar Chödingpa, a heart disciple of Kyobpa Jikten Sumgön, founder of the Drikung Kagyü lineage of Tibetan Buddhism. In ancient India, he had incarnated as mahasiddha Aryadeva, the lotus-born disciple of the great Nagarjuna. In the seventh century, he was known as Lönpo Gar, the minister of the Tibetan Dharma King Songtsen Gampo.
尊貴的噶千仁波切（Wyl. mgar chen rin po che），又名昆秋．嘉辰（Könchok Gyaltsen），亦即第八世噶千仁波切（出生於西元1936年），乃是直貢噶舉的上師。他是十三世紀著名的成就者噶爾．確丁巴（Gar Chödingpa）的化身，也是藏傳佛教中直貢噶舉傳承之創建者覺巴．吉天．頌恭（Kyobpa Jikten Sumgön）的心子。在古印度時代，他化身為大成就者聖天尊者，亦即偉大龍樹尊者的蓮生弟子。七世紀時，他是西藏護法國王松贊．干布（Songtsen Gampo）的大臣龍波．噶爾（Lönpo Gar）。
Garchen Rinpoche was recognized and enthroned in eastern Tibet by the former Drikung Kyabgön, Shyiwé Lodrö. When he was seven, he was brought to Lho Miyal Monastery, which he administered from the age of eleven. Studying and practising under the direction of the siddha Chime Dorje, Garchen Rinpoche received vast and profound instructions on the preliminary practices (Tib. ngöndro), the fivefold practice of Mahamudra and the Six Yogas of Naropa.
噶千仁波切是由上一世的直貢法王，亦即喜威．羅卓（Shyiwé Lodrö）認證並於東藏陞座。他在七歲時被帶到羅米亞寺（Lho Miyal Monastery），從十一歲起開始管理該寺院。噶千仁波切在成就者吉美．多傑（Chime Dorje）的指導下研讀與修行，並領受關於前行教法、大手印五支道及那洛六法的深廣指引。
Then, at the age of 22, after completing a two and a half year retreat, he was imprisoned for 20 years during the political turmoil of China's Cultural Revolution. While in the labour camp, he received meditation instruction from his root lama, the Nyingma master Khenpo Munsel. Enduring hardship and practising secretly, Garchen Rinpoche attained realization of the lama's wisdom mind. Since his release from prison in 1979, Garchen Rinpoche has made great effort to rebuild the Drikung Kagyü monasteries, reestablish the Buddhist teachings, and build two boarding schools for local children in eastern Tibet. Rinpoche has also founded several Dharma centres in the USA and Germany.
就在他於二十二歲進行閉關到兩年半的時候，時值中國文化大革命時期的政治動亂，因而被囚禁長達二十年之久。在勞改營時，噶千仁波切從他的根本上師－寧瑪大師堪布．孟瑟（Khenpo Munsel）處領受禪修指引。經過艱苦的磨難及秘密的修行，噶千仁波切證得上師智慧意的了悟。一九七九年從牢獄中釋放後，噶千仁波切致力於重建直貢噶舉的多間寺院以及復興佛陀教法，並且在東藏建立了兩所當地孩童的寄宿學校。仁波切是噶千佛學院的創辦人及精神領袖，該佛學院位於亞利桑那州的琴諾谷（Chino Valley）。
Garchen Rinpoche is known for his vast realization, as well as for his great kindness.
Visits to Rigpa Centres
- Rigpa Berlin, 14-16 November 1997: a public talk on 'Karma and Compassion' and a week-end teaching on 'Absolute and Relative Bodhichitta'
- Rigpa Berlin, 3-5 October 2008: rabné, teachings on the "Prayer of Kuntuzangpo, the Primordial Buddha Samantabhadra" and White Tara empowerment.
- Lerab Ling, 14-19 August 2009: White Tara empowerment, rabné and teachings on Tsik Sum Ne Dek.
- Dzogchen Beara, 14-16 October 2011: teaching on the bardos and phowa practice; empowerments of Amitabha & Vajrayogini; several lungs.
- Rigpa Newcastle, 26-27 July 2014: teachings on Tilopa's "Ganges Mahamudra".
- Rigpa Sydney:
- The Sixth Chetsang Rinpoche (1886–1943).
- Website presenting all the Dharma Centers founded by H.E. Garchen Rinpoche worldwide
- For the Benefit of All Beings—a movie on the life of Garchen Rinpoche
- Longer biography by Ven. Gape Lama
- TBRC profile
""Decode Wiki"" hereby provides the Chinese translation of certain contents from ""Rigpa Wiki"" with permission for all readers and free of charge, however, does not serve as its official translation. Suggestions and corrections are highly appreciated.