Dudjom Lingpa 敦炯林巴 / 敦珠林巴 / 查同伏藏師
Dudjom Lingpa (Tib. བདུད་འཇོམས་གླིང་པ་, Wyl. bdud 'joms gling pa) aka Chakong Tertön (ལྕགས་སྐོང་གཏེར་སྟོན, lcags skong gter ston) (1835-1904) — a great Nyingma master and tertön whose revelations fill twenty volumes. He was considered to be the emanation of Khye'u Chung Lotsawa, one of the twenty-five disciples of Guru Rinpoche. His immediate incarnation, born even before he himself passed away, was Dudjom Rinpoche.
He was the father of eight important tulkus:
- Dodrupchen Jikmé Tenpé Nyima (1865-1926)
- Tulku Pema Dorje (1867-1934), an incarnation of Dragyur Marpo Lotsawa.
- Khyentse Tulku Dzamling Wangyal (1868/9-1907), an incarnation of Do Khyentse Yeshe Dorje, father of Dzongter Kunzang Nyima.
- Namtrul Mipham Dorje, tulku of Cheyö Rigdzin Chenmo (b.1879, died young)
- Tulku Trimé Özer (1881-1924)
- Tulku Lhatop (1884/5-1942), an incarnation of Shechen Aphpong Tulku
- Tulku Namkha Jikmé of Dzachukha (1888-1960), an incarnation of Patrul Rinpoche
- Tulku Dorje Dradül (1891/2-1959)
- Apang Tertön (1895-1945) is also considered to have been miraculously conceived through Dudjom Lingpa's enlightened intent (Tib. དགོངས་པ་, Wyl. dgongs pa).
His Writings & Termas
- Dudjom Tersar
- Nang Jang, translated in English as Buddhahood Without Meditation
- Neluk Rangjung
- Sherik Dorje Nӧnpo Gyü
- Songs of Realization
- Tamdrin Yangtrö Nagpo
Dudjom Lingpa had five emanations :
- Sonam Deutsen (1910-1958), the enlightened body emanation, was born to Tulku Trimé Özer
- Dzongter Kunzang Nyima (1904-1958), the enlightened speech emanation, was born to Khyentse Tulku Dzamling Wangyal
- Dudjom Rinpoche (1904-1987), the enlightened mind emanation
- Tulku Pednam, the enlightened qualities emanation
- Tulku Natsok Rangdrol (1904-1958), the enlightened activity emanation, who was Gyatrul Rinpoche's root lama
- Traktung Dudjom Lingpa, A Clear Mirror: The Visionary Autobiography of a Tibetan Master, translated by Chonyi Drolma, North Atlantic Books, 2011
- Translated by Richard Barron (Junction City: Padma Publishing, 1994, revised edition 2002).
- According to Gyatrul Rinpoche.
- Dudjom Tersar
- Dudjom Incarnation Line
- Students of Dudjom Lingpa
- Dudjom Lingpa Family Lineage
- Students of Dudjom Rinpoche