According to Jamgön Kongtrul, tiklé denotes the 'essence or seed of great bliss', and has two aspects:
- first, the ultimate tiklé of primordial wisdom (Wyl. don dam ye shes kyi thig le) and
- second, the (relative) substantial red and white tiklés (Wyl. rdzas kyi thig le).
The substantial tiklés are of two kinds:
- the quintessential or refined (Wyl. dwangs ma), and
- the residual (Wyl. snyigs ma).
The residual tiklé is further subdivided into refined and residual:
- the first (refined-residual) gives radiance and strength to the body;
- the second (residual-residual) refers to the essential fluids that are emitted from the body.
- essential fluids (Light of Berotsana)