Pema Lungtok Gyatso
Pema Lungtok Gyatso (Wyl. pad+ma lung rtogs rgya mtsho) (b.1852) also known as Golok Wangdé Lingtrul was a great Chö practitioner of the Dudjom Tersar lineage. He studied directly with Dudjom Lingpa and became one of his principal heart-sons and Chödak .
According to the Fourth Getse Rinpoche, Gyurme Tenpa Gyaltsen:
- Pema Lungtok Gyatso was an incarnation of Gyalsé Shenpen Tayé, and the Custodian of the terma teaching for all terma revelations of Dudjom Lingpa. He received many empowerments, teachings and transmissions from the Great Tertön directly and received permission to compose [a] commentary on the Saraha Nyingtik Zabmo from the Tertön as well'.
Having attained the most excellent degree of scholarly learning and a lofty level of accomplishment, he composed a great many works such as:
- "A Clear Guide to the Close Lineage of Chö Practice", an extensive 744 page commentary which provides a guide to the Chö practice in general, and to Dudjom Lingpa Tröma Nakmo's Chö cycle in particular.
- a presentation of the nine yanas
- a collection of practices related to Tara
Pema Lungtok Gyatso was assigned by Yeshe Tsogyal to help Dudjom Lingpa complete his autobiographies. He is considered a primary editor of the different autobiographies of Dudjom Lingpa and of most of Dudjom Lingpa's writings.
- Dudjom Lingpa, ‘Dudjom Lingpa's Chöd’, Translated by Lama Chönam & Sangye Khandro (‘An Ambrosia Ocean of Sublime Explanations’, by Pema Lungtok Gyatso; ‘The Profound Heart Essence of Saraha’, by Heruka Dudjom Lingpa), Light of Berotsana, 2014.
- Another name is Lingtrul Pema Lungtok Gyatso.
- According to the Fourth Getse Rinpoche, Gyurme Tenpa Gyaltsen "Golok Serta Rinpoche is not the same person as Pema Lungtok Gyatso who wrote the Chö commentary, even though he was also called Pema Lungtok Gyatso. The mahasiddha who wrote the Chö commentary was actually born in 1852, and we don't know when he died. He did study directly with Dudjom Lingpa." Information provided by Lama Chonam from a conversation he had with Getse Rinpoche on May 2004.
- ‘Dudjom Lingpa's Chöd’, Translated by Lama Chönam & Sangye Khandro (‘An Ambrosia Ocean of Sublime Explanations’, by Pema Lungtok Gyatso; ‘The Profound Heart Essence of Saraha’, by Heruka Dudjom Lingpa), Light of Berotsana, 2014, page xxii.