Guru Dorje Drolö 金剛怖畏上師
Guru Dorje Drolö (Tib. གུ་རུ་རྡོ་རྗེ་གྲོ་ལོད་, Wyl. gu ru rdo rje gro lod; Eng. 'Wild Wrathful Vajra') is one of the Eight Manifestations of Guru Rinpoche—Guru Rinpoche in wrathful form riding upon a pregnant tigress. He assumed this manifestation in Paro Taktsang in Bhutan in order to bring the local deities and guardians under his control.
- At thirteen different places called 'Tiger's Lair', Taktsang, Guru Rinpoche manifested in "the terrifying wrathful form of crazy wisdom", binding worldly spirits under oath to protect the terma treasures and serve the Dharma. Then he is known as Dorje Drolö, 'Wild Wrathful Vajra'.
- Taksham Nüden Dorje, bla ma rdo rje gro lod kyi rnam thar
- Chögyam Trungpa, Crazy Wisdom, The Collected Works of Chögyam Trungpa, Volume Five (Boston & London: Shambhala, 2004), Crazy Wisdom Seminar I: Jackson Hole, 1972, pages 49-52 & Crazy Wisdom Seminar II: Karmê Chöling, 1972, Ch 7. Dorje Trolö and The Three Styles Of Transmission, pages 134-146.
- Dudjom Rinpoche, "The Illumination of Primordial Wisdom" (translated by Alan Wallace) in Venerable Gyatrul Rinpoche, Meditation, Transformation, and Dream Yoga, Ithaca: Snow Lion, 2002
The Empowerment of Dorje Drolö
- Kyabje Dudjom Rinpoche, Dzogchen Orgyen Chö Ling, May 1979
- Jetsün Mingyur Drölma, Lerab Ling, 29th August 1993
- Kyabje Penor Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, 17th July 1995
- Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche, Lerab Ling, 14th May 2009
Teachings on Dorje Drolö
- page 34.