Fourteen root downfalls (Wyl. rtsa ltung bcu bzhi) — fourteen major samayas in the Sarma tradition.
||This section does not cite any references or sources. Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed.
- disrespecting the vajra master
- transgressing the words of the buddhas
- insulting one’s vajra brothers and sisters
- abandoning love for sentient beings
- abandoning the bodhichitta in aspiration or application
- criticizing the teachings of the sutras and tantras
- revealing secrets to those who are unworthy
- mistreating one’s body
- abandoning emptiness
- keeping bad company
- failing to reflect on emptiness
- upsetting those who have faith in the teachings
- failing to observe the samaya commitments
- denigrating women