Four visualizations for mantra recitation 觀想咒鬘四要點（寧瑪傳承生起次第觀想竅訣）
Four visualizations for mantra recitation (Wyl. dzab kyi gongpa shyi) are:
- like the moon and a garland of stars
- like the king’s emissaries
- like a palanquin or whirling firebrand
- like bees swarming around a broken hive
These can be related to the four stages of approach and accomplishment.
- A Guide to Vajrayana Practice for the Rigpa Sangha, Section 2. Kyérim, 'The Four Stages of Approach and Accomplishment' (based on teachings by Orgyen Tobgyal Rinpoche), The Tertön Sogyal Trust, 2006, pages 22-25.
- Getse Mahapandita, Husks of Unity, translated in Deity, Mantra and Wisdom, Snow Lion, 2007, 'Types of Recitation', pages 134-138.